With the end of term looming I’m sure many of you are feeling a mix of fatigue, anxiety, and excitement; so what better to re-energise you for these last few weeks than an all-nighter of films?

ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP (19:00)

It’s been an incredible 10 years since the first film graced the screens but now they’re back. The once unknown cast of newbies and ‘freshers’ have become superstar sensations. With Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin reprising their roles in this sequel, this fun zombie-slaying screenplay is the perfect start.

JOKER (21:45)

For those of you yet to experience the tension and thrill of Todd Phillips’ origin story of the famous batman villain, the second film on the list is well worth the experience. Packed with the adrenaline of an action film, this will keep your eyes locked on the screen throughout as you explore the story of how Arthur Fleck came ‘face-to-face’ with his alter-ego, “The Joker”.

JUDY (23:55)

The third film’s change in stance from action and horror won’t let you down. ‘Bridget Jones’ actress Renée Zellweger plays the titular character of the legendary Judy Garland, who 30 years after playing the iconic character of Dorothy in ‘The Wizard of Oz’ comes to London to perform in sold-out shows. This film will pull on the heartstrings and warm you to the character of Judy – and her captivating account of her final London concert.

DR. SLEEP (02:15)

The fourth film heads back to another sequel, this one firmly along the path of horror. An adrenaline boost for those who need it at 2 in the morning (and forgot to get coffee in time), this film sees the character Danny Torrance from ‘The Shining’ all grown up – and as a struggling alcoholic. He meets a young girl, Abra Stone, whose ‘Shining’ powers are even more powerful than his. Together, they try and stop a cult from feeding off their abilities. This is one film you can’t miss; the sequel to Stanley Kubrick’s tour-de-force is sure to be a thriller…

THE PEANUT BUTTER FALCON (04:45)

The finale, watched through inevitably slightly-bleary eyes, once again takes a turn for the more light-hearted as we explore the relationship between a boy so desperate to become a professional wrestler that he runs away from his nursing home, and an outlaw, played by Shia LeBeouf, who befriends the boy and becomes his coach. This film is not worth missing out on – especially if you’ve made it that far!

Enjoy the sound of these films? Then you’re in luck! ICU Cinema is running a Winter All-Nighter featuring all five on Tuesday 10th December in the Union Concert Hall. Tickets can be bought online (or on the door for a bit more) for the whole event or for individual films, as well as all-you-can-eat food and drinks. In the words of Shia: ‘Just Do It!’, and buy your tickets now at https://www.imperialcinema.co.uk