Lapalux laid the foundation of his discography on glitchy, rough, and voided ambient sounds. While not considered “experimental”, his style certainly didn’t draw in the more mainstream crowds. However, his most recent release demonstrates a calmer and more collected direction. This track is supposed to be “a sort of portmanteau of the amniotic sac and the universe”. With rapid deep house drums, ethereal flowing chorus and warping synths the achieved sound is a perfect balance between calming and energising. - GR

PYJÆN is yet another fruit of the primordial soup that is London’s Jazz scene, a five-piece (Trumpet, Sax, Guitar, Drums, Bass) most notably featuring Dylan Jones (of the Ezra Collective). ‘In Search of the Sicky Side’ is the closing track of their debut and self-titled album. It’s hook alone is gorgeous, slippery bass, a punchy psychedelic guitar riff, topped off with a gorgeous melody bursting with sweet harmonies. Solos from guitar and trumpet stand out, particularly Jones’ agile rhythms. In the track’s final minutes it builds into a cathartic 3-time breakdown, guitars and trumpet bathed in delay – finding a sweet-spot somewhere between cool jazz serenity and post-rock ecstasy, ‘In Search of the Sticky side’ is well worth a listen. - MG