Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is all the rage. Nintendo Switch users have been waiting a long time for this brawler. This game is awesome because every character, throughout all the Smash games, is now playable – as well as new characters to hit the scene. New features allow players to battle over multiple arenas and there are new gameplay modes to explore and enjoy. Fans of the game will already be familiar with the GameCube Controller, and now there’s a new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate GameCube controller available for sale. Many, though, will only play this game using a Gamecube style controller; if that’s your preference, here are some great choices!

PowerA GameCube Style Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch

Being the only wireless GameCube controller licensed by Nintendo, the Power A GameCube controller is the latest and greatest, improving on some of the features of past GameCube controllers. It runs on two AA batteries and comes in three different colors. Another cool feature is the LED light that displays the player number, which also flashes to show you when your battery needs to be replaced. For those who are not fans of replacing batteries, there is also a wired model available. It’s also worth knowing that this is the only GameCube controller that can still be used when the Switch is undocked, without using an adapter. It’s easy to see why this controller is a hit with the fans!

Hori Nintendo Switch Battle Pad

The Hori Nintendo Switch Battle Pad connects to the Switch with a USB port, but the technological precision of attack functions are just insane. You can also customize the shoulder buttons to adapt to your favorite form of gameplay. It also packs in Switch system buttons like home, screenshot and +/-. The textured grip will give you better control all around. Like the others on this list, it is a popular choice for playing Super Smash Bros. The Hori comes in five different varieties, which mimic some of our favorite Super Smash Bros. characters. These versions include: Zelda, Luigi, Pikachu, Princess Peach and Mario. They come in bright colors and all of the controllers, except for the Pikachu model, are translucent.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate GameCube Controller

This special edition GameCube controller is reminiscent of the original 2002 gamepad, but with the latest technology built-in. The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate GameCube Controller is a wired controller, you can easily connect it to your Switch with a USB adapter or 8BitDo wireless adapter. This controller features an outline of the Smash logo, giving it the game’s nod of approval. I have to admit, this one is my favorite! It looks awesome with that Smash logo over black, and it’s hard to improve on a classic at any rate.

PDP Nintendo Switch Pikachu Wired Fight Pad Pro

Are you a Pokemon fanatic? Gotta catch ‘em all? Or do you just love Pikachu yellow? Either way, you’ll love this Pikachu Wired Controller, which combines the best of the GameCube and Hori Controllers. The PDP has system buttons, such as home, just like the Hori, and has a USB connection. What make it unique is the detachable full-size analog stick that can be swapped out for the C-stick. That alone makes this controller very versatile. This is the Smash Bros. controller of choice for Pokemon fans. My new motto? Gotta Smash ‘em all.

While all of these controllers have very similar buttons and designs, they each have a unique feature that differentiates them from one another. Each is a great choice for beating the hell out of your friends (all in fun and in-game of course!) Your choice may come down to a particular must-have function, or just be because that particular controller comes in your favorite color. Either way, you’ll have a blast playing Smash Bros. Ultimate with any of these.

No matter which you choose, in the end, all that matters is that you have a fun time playing the game – and that you win of course! So get your headset on, grab your controller and fight!