It’s clear that the Nintendo titan that is Reggie heard the cries of the dissatisfied Smash player, for he has finally achieved perfection with the magnificent game that is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. On a serious note, Smash Ultimate is a spectacular game; despite not quite capturing the nostalgia that came with the N64 game melee, it makes up for it by building signifcantly on its predecessors. Accompanied by a staggeringly large collection of OSTs from numerous series, all your favourite stages from the past games, and not to forget a gigantic roster, Smash leaves you satisfied.

With ever changing metas and tier lists, the game has a constantly changing dynamic with so much variety that the game can be quite intimidating. That’s where we come in! We may not be top tier gamers, but we’re avid players of the series, and know a trick or two; mostly from from watching the pros and tournaments. As such, we are proud to announce the creation of Smash Corner, a section of Felix Games that focuses entirely on Smash and could potentially develop into something bigger with a large enough following!

But it’s early days, so for the moment, we aim to keep you up to date on the meta whilst giving you tips on how to deal with bullshit Yoshi edge guarding, Simon/Richter’s insane range, and grenadier Snake players, along with other ways to tackle new machines incurred by the ever changing meta. We’re looking to have a weekly Smash corner article, focusing on how to maximise a characters’s potential, and a general rundown of their abilities as well as counters to each character.

And for the even more competitive players we may host competitions in the distant future, but that’s most likely going to be the case if there seems to be a following for the Smash Corner articles. So keep your eyes peeled and feel free to drop us an email at [email protected] if you’re interested in writing a character profile, or anything else Smash related!