A common theme at Winter Wonderland is walking around in the cold, drinking mulled wine in the cold, and riding the ridiculous rollercoasters, also in the cold. This year, there’s a fresh new experience to be had at Winter Wonderland, brought to us by the Evening Standard. Every night ‘til the 6th of January, the heated Megadome will come alive at 9pm for the all-new Comedy Club. A welcome respite from the cold outdoors, and a warming end to your festive day.

Who’s hosting at Comedy Club? It’s a mix of everyone who’s someone in the comedy scene today. The oversized, slightly ostentatious circus tent is set to host big-name headliners such as Mick Ferry, Luisa Omielan and Eric Lampaert, all for the bargain price of £10 (£12 on Saturdays).

Tom Lucy kicks off the show as compere this evening, going for openers which are reminiscent of a third-year medical student such as “What’s your name?” and “What’s your job?”. He’s an amicable guy though and does his best to warm up the slightly cold crowd by attempting to find the furthest-travelled audience member (New Zealand) and the unfortunate front-row members who will be picked on for the remaining 43 minutes of the show. If you’ve brought in a drink, just have a sip every time he mentions something festive – you’re guaranteed to find the rest of the show funny.

The first act of the evening is Keith Farnan, an upbeat Irishman who is quick to charm the audience by mocking everyone that isn’t sitting in the front row, and through his relatable set pieces on Brexit, buying the perfect Christmas present, and even GDPR. His jokes may have been PG-13, but his delivery is spot-on and left the audience feeling warm, fuzzy and appreciative of the festive spirit.

The headliner of the evening, Terry Alderton completely embodied the mania of the atmosphere outside; with bright lights, loud noises and a shocking Christmas shirt, he pulled off one audacious skit after another. An explosion of energy, his body-popping took the front row by surprise, and his operatic serenading of fans had almost the entire audience in hysterics.

So, if you’re visiting with your mates, check out the Comedy Club – it’ll have you in stitches one way or the other.

-4 stars