Whether you are new to London or you’ve always lived here, the collecton of apps in this article consists of apps many Londoners use daily, and many more you may be unaware of. Either way, they are sure to help you out if you haven’t used them before.

Citymapper

If you are new to London or even if you have lived here a while, public transport can be complicated.

While you can definitely get by reading Tube or bus maps, if you want to save some time, Citymapper is the way to go. The app provides you with live updates on buses and Tube lines, and calculates the fastest routes to any destination.

Additionally, you can see if there are any Santander bike racks nearby along with how many bikes/free spaces are available there.

Monzo

Monzo is a smart banking app, packed with useful features to help you manage your finances. Once you open a current account with Monzo, they will send you a debit card, and you can also set it up on Apple or Android pay.

Any transaction carried out with Monzo will be automatically categorized, for example, into restaurants, shopping, or groceries . This makes it very easy to track your spending without putting in any effort.

Apart from being user-friendly, Monzo is also good for use abroad. For cash withdrawals from ATMs under £200 a month, there are no fees. Other spending can go over that limit without any charges.

Instapaper

Do you ever see an article you want to read later, and then just never come back to it? Instapaper allows you to save any article you are reading, and then it is downloaded in the Instapaper app. It’s great for catching up on your reading during long Tube journeys or whenever you do feel like it.

Dojo

Dojo offers a solution to the problem of finding something to do in London, which shouldn’t really be a problem considering there is always so much going on.

On Dojo, you can find a curated selection of upcoming events, things to do and places to visit and you are sure to find something interesting.

Whether you’re looking for something to do during the day or places to go out at night, food, music, exhibitions or just ideas for something to do on a rainy day, Dojo has you covered.

Student Pulse

Working with renowned groups and institutions such as the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and the Barbican Centre, Student Pulse brings you affordable tickets to see live performances of classical music.

All you need to do is download the app and register with your student ID. No discount codes are required after doing this and tickets can be purchased directly through the app. Usually the prices range from £5 to £10. Have a look and you might find something you’re interested in!

Dice

The aim of this app is to make buying tickets for festivals much easier. Tickets can be refunded and you are safe from having to pay more than you should.

Dice also offers recommendations for upcoming gigs if you feel like trying something new. If you allow it to access your Apple Music or Spotify, the app tailors its recommendations to your music taste.

Using your location, Dice can also keep you up-to-date on events happening in your area, such as across the many clubs in London.

YoYo

For regular customers at the various catering outlets around campus, YoYo is an app definitely worth giving a go.

You have probably heard the name if you’ve ever bought lunch here. YoYo is essentially a kind of loyalty program.

If you pay for food via YoYo, you will receive points which can be redeemed to get (for example) fruit, chocolate bars or even a smoothie depending on how many points you have.

Additionally, there are loyalty cards on the app, so, for example, your 10th hot drink might be free.