The hugely successful Dance Imperial Show is back for a second year. Debuted last year and selling out both nights, it’s back, bigger and better than before. Shortlisted for Imperial College Union Event of Year 2015, we are expanding on this success to even bigger acts and a third night in the Union Concert Hall. This dance show spectacular is not to be missed.

Dance Imperial is a collaborative venture bringing together the various dance societies at Imperial. It combines Belly Dance Society, Dance Club, Dance Company, Funkology, ICSM Dance and Pole and Aerial Society. All are showcasing their best pieces combined with many original collaborations made just for this show. Also expect other breathtaking performances including an aerial act not seen at Imperial before.

Our performing societies cover a huge range of dance styles and welcome anyone who is interested in joining, whether you are a seasoned dancer or an absolute beginner.

Belly Dance Society is a fun and active club with the aim to teach the beautiful art of belly dancing, a dance art originating from the Middle East with its colourful and vibrant costumes.

Dance Club is the largest of the dance societies specialising in the many Latin, Ballroom and Salsa dances. They offer many classes each week, in a variety of styles and levels, actively compete in competitions and hold many social dance events.

Dance Company teaches Ballet, Contemporary, Jazz and Tap dance primarily based in the South Kensington campus. They teach classes in a range of levels and have 8 competition teams that tour the UK.

ICSM Dance offers Ballet and Contemporary dance classes to beginners and intermediate levels based in the Reynolds Building (Charing Cross Hospital). Leading off last year’s success they are now also competing in competitions.

Funkology is Imperial’s only Hiphop and Breakdance society. Like the others, they teach people of all levels and offer many opportunities to perform and compete. Their highly awarded competition teams are both performing at this year’s show.

Pole and Aerial Society brings enjoyable and affordable pole fitness, aerial silk and hoop classes to Imperial. Pole and Aerial boost core strength and stamina whilst enhancing confidence. They actively hold competitions and attend others with great success.

Come along to the Dance Imperial Show 2016 and see all these amazing societies in action. Not only will they be showcasing their individual talents, but expect to see many crossovers, for example with an exciting collaboration between Hiphop Jazz and Pole dance.

Tickets are available online or from the six participating societies. Any remaining tickets will be sold on the door. £3/£5 students/non-students. To find out more check out our website danceimperial.org.

Show nights: Thursday 17th, Friday 18th and Saturday 19th March

Union Concert Hall, Level 2 Union/Beit. Doors open 7pm, curtain 7:30pm