The Imperial College Finance Society proudly presents the 5th annual New Financial Worlds Conference 2016, which is set to take place on the 17th February at the prestigious Bloomberg Auditorium in London. This year will mark the first conference in several years and will focus on two key themes of Investment Banking and Global Markets. The conference is aimed at providing students with a strong insight into the most cutting-edge and relevant topics in finance in a medium that is far beyond what they can learn from just reading the Financial Times.

Investment Banking talks will include mergers and acquisitions, equity issuance and debt capital markets. Talks will seek to explain the underlying trends of activity in this field with unique insight into private equity, in the context of current market conditions. Meanwhile, global markets will focus on equities, derivatives, foreign exchange and commodities trading. The first week of 2016 saw $1 trillion wiped out of the stock markets due to the volatility in oil and in China. Talks from the panel will seek to outline the drivers of this volatility, the impact on trading and the general outlook for the global economy.

The event itself will host over 200 students and has received a lot of positive feedback in previous years, with many students building successful and lasting relationships with other delegates and speakers.

Those who impress may even secure internships with our sponsors as achieved by many past delegates. Attending firms include Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Nomura International with a number of our speakers having also worked at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citi and Deutsche Bank. As such, these speakers are leading luminaries in the field and their talks will greatly benefit students on an educational level and career-level.

Applications are now open but we are screening applications on a rolling basis, so apply soon to avoid disappointment at: bit.ly/nfw-conference.

We look forward to seeing you there.