As an inaugural collaboration between Photography and Art Society, this photography contest revolves around the theme of ‘friendship’. Both societies organise activities of different natures: ArtSoc organises street art walking tours and musical outings every week, while PhotoSoc organises regular photo walks and workshops.

However, both of our societies strongly feel that photography is a form of art and expression. A piece of art does not need to be beautiful, it just needs to make you feel something. So if you think you have a photo that conveys the theme perfectly, take part and stand a chance to win a pair of tickets to watch Wicked at the West End with a mate, jointly sponsored by PhotoSoc and ArtSoc.

What is the theme?

In Wicked, the plot explores the friendship between two of the most unlikely friends who met in school. The story revolves around how these two friends grapple with compromise, acceptance and standing up for each other; in the process of doing so, they realise how much they helped each other grow. After all, like one of the song goes, “We are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them, and we help them in return… I know I’m who I am today because I knew you”.

The impact our friends make in our lives is significant and you learn and grow together with your mates. This is the essence of friendship that all of us have experienced, but yet in a unique way for each of us. So show us your unique interpretation and perspective on friendship, and you might win a pair of tickets to watch Wicked with your friend!

How do I take part?

All you have to do is to upload a photo on to Facebook and use the #icFriendship in the description. This will be open until 26th February and the winner will be announced on 27th February.

The winner will be chosen by the Photosoc and Artsoc committees and is open to all students at Imperial.