Last Sunday saw our last game of the season against the Bath Killer Bees, the Immortals were determined not to end the season with a loss; however, after a long game, the score was 49-8 to the Killer Bees.

We started out the game with a kick off. After a fantastic kick, the defensive team were on. The defense were extremely strong and were able to stop the Killer Bees from advancing. After the fourth down, the offensive team were on. With a miraculous QB sneak, Kevin Kim swerved and ran through the defensive lines and, from our red-zone, scored an amazing touchdown (two point conversion successful). Afterwards, the defensive team were able to force a fourth down near our end-zone but, due to a fumble, Bath were able to recover with a few yards to spare from their first, much-needed, touchdown. With that advantage, Bath were able to score making it 6-8 as the two point conversion was unsuccessful.

Unfortunately, afterwards, the Immortals defensive players picked up injuries and with a lack of players, many offensive members were forced to play both ways. A big shout out to the offensive linemen who stepped up in a time of need and filled in where necessary. With the lack of players, special teams were lacking organisation and many players had to step into fill the gaps before snaps. With a fatigued Immortals squad, Bath were able to take advantage and piled up touchdowns. This unfortunately ended with a score of 49-8; we wish the Killer Bees a good and successful trip up to Sterling and for the rest of their season.

As is our tradition after every last match of the season, the Immortals formed a tunnel for the leavers

After the game, as is our tradition after every last match of the season, the Immortals formed a tunnel for the leavers; I would like to dedicate this section of our match report to the leavers: Jonathon Robert Joseph, Marcus Stead-Hall, Bami Falana, Emanuel Oladayo Olagbaju, Rhys Kilian, Noach Ben-Haim, Kevin Kim, Paulius Viskis, Rayane M. Jackson and Alex Brockhurst.

Jonathon Robert Joseph, played for the Immortals and American football for the first time this year, playing fullback. Jon has been an essential part to the team this year, on and off the field, being loved by all.

Marcus Stead-Hall, ex-publicity officer and running back/full back has been with the club for five years. Through his days he’s been known to specialise in cut blocks, with any linebacker fearing to get on the field when seeing him. Bami Falana, joined the club last year and was always playing running back until his last game of this season where he was playing as a linebacker and a defensive lineman. His athleticism is known to all around; with his pace and strength he was a massive asset to the offense.

Emanuel Olagbaju, current secretary, has played for the club for four years. Throughout his glorious career he played as a running back, slot, and a defensive lineman, his power and agility is famous within the team and the American football community in the country, his trucking count is off the charts, and any defensive player going up against him would crumble against the fear of being destroyed.

Rhys Kilian joined the team this year as a wide receiver however, his versatility and experience meant that he was playing in other positions such as quarterback and running back, through which he performed phenomenally. Loved throughout the club, Rhys will be missed on and off the field.

Noach Ben-Haim, undoubtedly one of the best receivers this team has ever seen, has been with the club for two years and before that, played at Coventry University as a wide receiver as well. His speed and strength have been such an important part of this team’s offense and he has had many highlights including his one handed reception in the last game.

Kevin Kim has played since 2011, starting out as halfback then wide receiver then quarterback this year. He is known around the team not only for being extremely tough when it comes to receiving hits, but also for being an all round fabulous person. He has lead our team to many touchdowns and he will be missed.

Paulius Viskis, an absolute beast of a defensive player, has played for three years as a linebacker and a defensive end. His brute strength would cause any quarterback to shiver in fear.

Rayane M. Jackson also played as a defensive lineman and running back and is well known for being a monster both ways. His determination and passion has brought the team up many times and his craze for sacks has led to him to becoming an amazing player.

Finally, Alex Brockhurst, ex treasurer and current sponsorship secretary for the club, has been in many positions including linebacker, safety, corner back and running back. He has always been a massive part of the team, whether it is on the field or behind the scenes in terms of running the club. He is truly a tremendous player causing a lot of havoc for anyone going up against him.

The club would like to thank all the leavers for their contributions and we wish them a successful journey for the rest of their careers!