Imperial College Titans are the university’s cheerleading team. The club is entering its 6th year of competition, with silver medals under our belt from last year’s nationals, and we need your support to go for gold.

Cheerleading is one of the fastest growing sports in the UK, combining stunts, gymnastics and, of course, dance. Our team of boys and girls work tirelessly throughout the year to put on flawless routines, which are performed at competitions against university and semi-professionals from across the country. The Titans have seen a revolution over the past two years, with the appointment of an all-star coach who has previously represented England at the World Championships. Ever since, we have consistently placed in the top three at nationals, bringing home bronze at Level two and silver at Level one. This year we hope to compete at a larger event and improve our standing amongst Level two teams. This involves greater gymnastics skills and more advanced stunts, such as having the flyer on one foot and held at extension (over the bases’ heads).

Our annual fundraiser, Save The Cheerleader, provides vital financial support for the team. Members can then take part in elite level events without breaking the bank. Cheer is all about showmanship, which comes at a cost. Tailor-made uniforms and kit, as well as entry fees, are well beyond the average students financial capabilities and so we are appealing to you for help. Save The Cheerleader is a great night to show your support and have a fantastic time with the team, who have been working hard to kickstart the new season and would love to see a massive turnout! So head over to Embargos on Wednesday 16th after sports night, to support the cheerleaders while enjoying fantastic drinks deals (2-4-1 cocktails and £2.50 beers!) and the company of our lovely team! Tickets are on sale online and through cheerleaders around campus every lunchtime.