While there’s no denying that I’d love a 70p pint at the union on a Wednesday as much as the next person, I will be voting for Lucinda as our next union president and I’m here to tell you why.

Having spent the past three years studying Biology at Imperial, playing and this year captaining the Ladies 1st Hockey team I’ve fully enjoyed everything the union has to offer. But of course there’s always room for improvement and I strongly believe this is where Lucinda comes in.

Many of you will have by now seen her face brightening up the grey walls of your departments and if elected I have no doubt that she will continue to brighten up campus and work to foster a greater imperial community.

I’ve had the pleasure of knowing Lucinda for the past three years and am confident in her ability to be the next union president. Not only is she determined, hardworking and extremely organised (literally it puts the rest of us to shame) she is also one of the most approachable, kind and fair people I know; all qualities that make her perfectly suited to being union president.

She has gained invaluable experience into the running of the Union over the past years through her roles as RCSU Vice President, being a member of the RAG committee on top of playing for the IC netball team.

10998889_1048350918513061_1825453766650984711_o.jpg

If anything, experience speaks volumes and this girls has experience in abundance, experience of being a leader, a team player and working to enhance this university for others while also planning fun and exciting events that many of you have enjoyed over the past year!

Not only do these roles provide her with the experience needed to do the job well they also provide her with a diverse understanding of what the student body really needs and wants from their union which is ultimately what the union is there for – to be the voice of the students.

If elected Lucinda really will be the voice of the students you only have to look at her manifesto to realise that she understands the needs of clubs and societies, floundering first year’s, postgrads and all in-between and is truly passionate about helping all of them.