East Meets West is a student run multicultural show that accumulates the talent across Imperial College and showcases a cornucopia of cultures. It is the longest running student show in the UK and its 23rd anniversary show, Highway, will be held at the Richmond Theatre in London on 22nd February 2015.

The purpose of the evening is to raise money for charity whilst enjoying a show highlighting a fusion of Eastern and Western cultures through various art forms including dance, drama, fashion shows and music. This year the show takes the form of a start to finish production where the drama element links all of the various acts together. The title ‘Highway’ represents the unforgettable journey that the characters as well as the audience will embark upon over the course of that evening.

East Meets West displays an array of dance and musical acts from all over the world, truly embracing the vibrancy of cultures from around the globe. In terms of Eastern dance forms there is a variety ranging from Bollywood to Bhangra, Bharatnatyam to Gaana. Intertwined with Western art forms and including Funkology, hip hop, Afro-Caribbean dance, Light Opera, Jazz band and belly dancing, this evening promises an incredible diversity!

_East Meets West _is all about nurturing hidden talent through inclusivity. A key ethos of our show is allowing anyone and everyone interested to participate in the show, turning students into West End performers. This contrasts East meets West from other university shows because it allows everyone to get involved and focusses on not just one art form, but a medley of four! It is refreshing to see a student show where instead of selecting the crème de la crème, the aim is to make every participant feel like the crème de la crème by the end of the show.

The heart of the show is charity and all the efforts surrounding the production are centred on improving the lives of others around the world. “This year, we are proud to support the British Asian Trust and their anti child trafficking campaign, which strives to empower young women and help survivors recover from the abuse and trauma of being trafficked”.

_East Meets West _started 22 years ago as a simple idea to demonstrate classical Eastern acts alongside more contemporary Western performances. From performances in Imperial College’s very own Great Hall in front of 400 people, the show has grown into a massive production over the span of two decades. Previous venues have included the Shaftesbury Theatre, Eventim Apollo, IndigO2, London Palladium and most recently, the Novello Theatre.

The show is now accommodating for people in their thousands as a result of the show’s immense popularity that caters not just to students but for a family audience and people of all ages.

East Meets West does not simply aim for excellence in performance. It aims to create a unique performance that blends culture, commitment, pride, passion and elegance with entertainment.

East meets West will play at the Richmond Theatre at 18:00 on Sunday 22nd February. Tickets start at £15, and can be bought at www.emwtheshow.co.uk/tickets.html or there will be paper tickets on sale in SAF or Sherfield every lunch in the lead up to the show.