Imperial Devils B head into a two-game road trip this weekend on a dry stretch of late, having lost their last three games since a strong season opener, which saw the team shutout Cardiff Breadhawks for a 6-0 win on home ice at the Streatham Ice Arena (SIA).

First up on Saturday 14th is a Valentine’s date at Coventry & Warwick Panthers B, a team the Devils B last met on 29 November for a tight 2-3 loss; with all goals against the Devils scored in the first period. A weak first period is a pattern that’s plagued the Devils throughout the season, with average goals against standing at 3-.5-1 by period.

Kelly is expected to get the start in net - his first of the season - with usual goaltender #17 Zimmerman unavailable, but due to return for Sunday’s game.

Devils A also play on Saturday against Southampton Spitfires B at home for their first meet this season after a postponed game before the holiday break. The A team are 2-3-0 on their season, and the Spitfires 1-0-2, giving them an even point match-up, but the Spitfires have the edge in the tables with fewer games played and +1 (Devils at par) goal difference. The Devils’ power play conversion comes in at 38.5%, second only to UCL, with 40%. This makes for an interesting matchup with Spitfires’ Division-topping penalty kill at 88.9%, though they lack on the power play, with no goals so far this season.

Sunday sees the Devils B head back out to Oxford, for game 22 against the Women’s Blues (the league is mixed as a whole, though Oxford and Cambridge each field separate teams). The teams last met just two weekends prior, when the Blues stole a 3-8 win at the SIA; the Devils again performed strongest in the second, with boxscore against 4-1-3.

Six of the Blues’ eight goals were scored by #27 Jennifer Lawrence, who’s had an incredible season registering 4.7 Pts/Game. Shots on goal (SOG) during their last meet were 53-29 in favour of the Devils, but the Blues’ netminder did a stellar job of keeping them out, and went on for a .943 save percentage; the Blues’ (and Lawrence’s in particular) precision meant 29 was enough. The Devils will look for a stronger start in the first period, and to turn more of those SOGs into goals.

As always, this weekend’s games will be blacked out on all local networks; so be sure to get yourself down to the Streatham Ice Arena on Saturday for a 9PM faceoff of Devils v Spitfires!