A photo booth hire service is considering further legal action after incurring damages to its equipment during the joint RCSU-CGCU Winter Ball in early December last year.

Felix was told that the RCSU, who made the hire arrangement on behalf of the joint organizing committee, had paid the cost of the equipment damages in full upfront to Unlock Photo Booth after the night. A representative from the RCSU had said that Unlock Photo Booth had subsequently confirmed that payment was received. Unlock also “provided a photo of the culprits” it alleges were involved, with the RCSU turning over these names to Imperial College Union for further investigation.

However Unlock Photo Booth has since implied that this payment is now insufficient, saying that the losses suffered now include “the cancellation of 2 events as a result of the damage sustained. These cancellations not only took a huge financial toll on our business, but were also extremely detrimental to our reputation.”

In an email to Felix, Patrick from Unlock goes on to say: “As I am sure you can understand, I am disgusted by the student’s actions, and we will not tolerate malicious damage to our equipment, as such actions are illegal.“

RCSU President Serena Yuen provided the following statement to Felix: “I can confirm that the RCSU has paid for the costs of damage, and several individuals have been identified to the Union who are now dealing with this matter instead of us. Naturally we are disappointed that an incident took place, but we are working closely with the Union to get to the bottom of this. ”

ICU have confirmed with Felix that its investigation on the matter is still under way, and has since resumed having being briefly suspended over the Christmas term holidays. They are also currently reviewing the claimed loss figures with Unlock Photo Booth, and have said that the alleged culprits have been extremely cooperative throughout the investigation.