There have been a series of unpleasant events related to student protests at the University of London which has resulted in calls for Adrian Smith to resign his position as vice chancellor. The police have been involved in a number of allegations that attacks have been made on protestors.

The University of London branch of the Independent Workers’ Union of Great Britain (IWGB) have been building a campaign for outsourced workers to be granted sick pay, holiday pay and pension rights. It is known as “3 cosas”, a Spaninsh term.

A three day strike in January was supported by John McDonnell, MP for Hayes and Harlington, Andy Burnham, MP for Leigh and Islington North MP Jeremy Corbyn. The University of London Union (ULU), coupled with the IWGB have called for the abolition of the management at the university.The ULU say, “The people who run our University represent no one, and are elected by no one. Their actions this year has shown them to be cowardly and at odds with everything that academic institutions and communities should stand for.”

A spokesperson for the University of London said as long as any protests were peaceful and legitimate that they would happily accommodate them.The ULU call for the management “to be replaced by democratic processes comprised of and accountable to the University’s students, workers and academics.”