Angel: Alessandra Ambrosio

The Fantasy Bra

This year, Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima had the honour of modeling a Fantasy Bra this year. Normally, only one angel wears a fantasy bra each year, but for this year’s show, two were made for the angels who have been modelling for Victoria’s Secret for the longest. The fantasy bras are typically designed with precious stones and metals encrusted in them, and are usually very elabroate and expensive. Worth over $2 million each, the bra’s were made by Mouawad jewelers using 16,000 rubies, diamonds and sapphires. All the jewels were strung together with 18 karat yellow gold chains. Both bras took over 1,380 hours to make and were inspired by “the magic of faraway lands.” Alessandra began her modelling career at the tender age 15, and she has been modelling for Victoria’s Secret since 2004, making her a household name at the brand. For the 2008 Victoria’s Secret show, she walked the runway only 3 months after giving birth to her first child! When she started with Victoria’s Secret at 21, she never worked out and would just eat salad if she gained a pound or two.The model has two children, a fiancé and a fashion line.

Angel: Karlie Kloss

The Gilded Angels collection

Here, Karlie wears the Dream Angels lace and tulle push-up bra ($79.50-89.50.) The American angel is fast becoming an Instagram sensation. Her best friend, Taylor Swift, sang at the show and the two were going selfie crazy back stage! Standing tall at an incredible 6’1, she is the tallest of all the angels. She is absolutely OBSESSED with baking cookies, and she even collaborated with Momofuku Milk bar to create a recipe called ‘Karlie’s Kookies,’ which she sold at the DKNY store in New York city for Vogue Fashion’s Night Out. She donated all the proceeds to benefit hungry children across the world through a project called FEED.

Angel: Candice Swanepoel

The Fairy Tale collection

For Candice’s fairy tale inspired look, she’s wearing a leather trimmed unlined bra and underwear, priced at $258 and $98, respectively. At that price, we’ll probably be saving that set for Valentine’s day! The stunning model was scouted when she was just 15 at a flea market in South Africa. When it comes to keeping her body toned, boxing is her exercise of choice for a fun, full-body workout. For the guy’s out there who are interested in her, bad luck – she’s been dating sexy Brazilian model Hermann Nicoli for over 6 years. If she’s ever single though, maybe you could try to teach her how to drive – at 26, she has yet to obtain her driver’s license!

Angel: Lily Aldridge

The Angel Ball collection

Lily is wearing the Very Sexy push-up balconet bra ($58) with matching suspenders and string panties. The Angel Ball collection was inspired by seductive glamour and uses black and white fabrics paired with dark wings to channel the provocative vibe. Lily is originally from Nashville, Tennessee and her breakthrough moment came when she appeared in a commercial for Levi’s in 2006. She keeps her body in shape through pilates and boxing, which are very popular in the modelling world. She is married to the lead singer of the Kings of Leon, Caleb Followill, and she even appeared in the music video for their smash hit ‘Use Somebody.’

Angel: Joan Smalls

The Exotic Traveller collection

Joan is wearing a red lace plunge push-up bra from the Victoria’s Secret Designer collection ($198.) The collection was inspired by exotic travels abroad, and the look has been completed with colourful feather wings and an Aztec patterned top. Since 2012, the Puerto Rican beauty has been rated number 1 model by Models.com, and her career is continuing to skyrocket. Small’s claims that she doesn’t diet, but her daily one-hour long workout is enough to keep her in amazing shape. She suffers from Scoliosis. so she works out with a personal trainer to do strength training, making sure she keeps her back in check. She has appeared in Victoria’s Secret fashion shows since 2011.

Angel: Lily Donaldson

The Gilded Angels collection

Lily is wearing the Dream Angels embellished plunge bra ($98.) Born and bred in London, Lily wanted to be an art teacher until she was scouted by an agent while shopping in Camden Town. Before walking for any fashion shows, she became the face of Miss Sixty in 2004. She signed a modelling contract for Victoria’s Secret in 2009, and in 2010 she walked her first Victoria’s Secret fashion show. She has since been given a pair of wings, cementing her status as a Victoria’s Secret angel. In Early 2011, she fell off a horse and was out of action for the next few months. I wonder if people tried to use the classic pick up line on her: did it hurt when you fell from heaven?