FIFA has released the results of its inquiry into corruption and the World Cup bidding saga. In a shocking turn of events, the document claims that Qatar was totally innocent in the bid, and criticises the FA for its part in the matter. The lawyer who wrote the document and sent it to FIFA has said that the final version contains “numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of the facts.”

There has been plenty else going on in Football off the pitch as well as on it. Convicted rapist Ched Evans has been invited to train with his former club Sheffield United. Evans was released from prison a fortnight ago. The topic has been hotly debated amongst many activist groups, a lot of whom don’t believe that Evans should be allowed to play professional football again.

Former Manchester United manager David Moyes has been appointed manager of Basque side Real Sociedad. Moyes was manager at Everton for nearly ten years before leaving to replace Sir Alex Ferguson at United. He was later sacked before the end of his first season in charge. The Spanish side are currently languishing near the relegation zone, having only last year been one of David Moyes’ opponents in the Champions League.

Morocco has chosen to withdraw as hosts of the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations, due to fears of the ebola virus spreading to the country. They have subsequently been expelled from the tournament.

On the pitch, Warrington produced the shock of the first round in the FA Cup. The eighth tier side beat Exeter by a goal to nil. In the Premier League it was a great weekend for Chelsea, who saw off Liverpool, whilst Manchester City and Arsenal both slipped up.

Lewis Hamilton saw his lead cut by Nico Rosberg in Brazil on Sunday. Hamilton now needs to finish second in the season finale in Abu Dhabi to take the World Title.

In cricket, Australian legend and commentator Richie Benaud has begun treatment for skin cancer. In more light-hearted news, the Australian cricket board has cancelled pyrotechnics at grounds, after a flamethrower went off in front of opener Aaron Finch’s face.

Rohit Sharma broke the record for the highest score in One-Day International by a long way when he scored 264 against Sri Lanka on Thursday.

England lost a narrow game to New Zealand in Rugby Union at Twickenham. Wales were (again) defeated by Australia, while Scotland beat Argentina and Ireland beat South Africa.

It was an identical story in Rugby League, where England lost a narrow game to New Zealand. This, coupled with an Australian victory over Samoa, sent England crashing out of the Four Nations. To add insult to injury, England hooker Josh Hodgson faces disciplinary action after a video emerged of him smashing a door at a party.

At the time of writing Andy Murray faces a crunch match against an in-form Roger Federer in his final group match. Novak Djokovic has looked imperious, whilst Milos Raonic has pulled out, with David Ferrer replacing him.