Thanks for the response; I’m glad at least somebody, other than the Union staff and Sabbs that ‘checked over it’, actually read the article.

I feel that the article may have been slightly misinterpreted. While I can, but won’t, apologise for the puns that littered it, I do not feel that it misrepresented Dri.

There are a huge proportion of students at Imperial that don’t drink, and even more that don’t drink to excess.

Imperial College, and the Union, could do a lot more to include these students and engage with them. How to actually achieve this is the tricky part and something I can’t pretend to have a solution for.

Social marginalisation of any student here is outright wrong and everything should be done to avoid this.

While slightly tongue in cheek, (think of all the pun opportunities) the ‘unreasonable attack’ was an article on an event that flopped. Well-intentioned, this loss leader to get people to come to the Union clearly didn’t work.

Part of Felix’s job is to hold the Union to account. This is sometimes uncomfortable, as shown by the pre-emptive press release by the Sabb team, but if an event doesn’t work then that’s unfortunate.

The idea to cater to non-drinkers is a good one, only the implementation didn’t come off.

While the choice of my sources may seem “dubious”, unfortunately they often want to remain anonymous to protect their job, degree, friendships etc.

The suggestion that my source was fictional is false but you’re going to have to take my word for that.