Liverpool vs. Everton (BT Sport 1, Tuesday 8pm)

The Reds suffered an unexpected setback against Aston Villa last weekend, taking until the second half to find their rhythm, but Brendan Rodgers will be delighted to have Daniel Sturridge back. Liverpool’s front two are perhaps the most envied in the Premier League, and both could easily be on the scoresheet in this Merseyside derby. Everton, meanwhile, continue to look the real deal under Roberto Martinez. They are making a habit of holding top teams and their strong defensive backline means they do not lose many. Both these sides play a high-tempo passing game and I’m expecting them to serve up an entertaining draw under the Anfield floodlights.

2-2 Tottenham vs. Man City (Wednesday 7:45pm)

Tim Sherwood has injected some much-needed attacking energy into Spurs’ play since taking over at the end of last year. It is unfortunate for them that the sides above them keep winning, as their performances have unquestionably matched those of the top 4 contenders again of late. Meanwhile, the Manchester City juggernaut rolls on and having seemingly resolved their away day hoodoo, Manuel Pellegrini’s side are now hard to back against. While this will not be anything like the 6-0 rollicking the Citizens dished out in the reverse fixture, with Sergio Aguero back in contention, they should have enough to claim all 3 points.

1-2 Southampton vs. Arsenal (Tuesday 7:45pm)

Saints could easily have been thrown into turmoil after the departure of chairman Nicolas Cortese left Mauricio Pochettino with a decision to make over his future. But fans will be relieved to learn it looks like he is staying put, and the players showed no signs of being affected by the off-field uncertainty in their 2-2 draw at Sunderland last weekend. They will face few tougher tests at St Mary’s than that posed by table-toppers Arsenal on Tuesday, though. Arsene Wenger’s men have not thrashed anyone yet this season, but with a rock-solid defence they have not needed to. With Aaron Ramsey potentially back, they ought to win comfortably enough.

0-2 Man United vs. Cardiff (Tuesday 7:45pm)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Bluebirds showed signs of promise at Man City and will doubtless go all out for the 3 points again at Old Trafford. But the Red Devils desperately need to win and with Wayne Rooney likely to be back, they should prevail.

2-1 Norwich vs. Newcastle (Tuesday 7:45pm)

Chris Hughton has a knack of grinding out a result when he needs it, as the Canaries showed against Hull last weekend. But Newcastle are a real handful on their day and are definitely European contenders. As they showed at West Ham, they also know how to win away.

1-2 Swansea vs. Fulham (Tuesday 7:45pm)

Fulham’s hapless defence should get a bit of a respite against the underperforming Swans. Michael Laudrup’s side’s home record has been atrocious of late and there are precious few flair players capable of lighting up this game.

0-0 Crystal Palace vs. Hull (Tuesday 8pm)

Palace finally find themselves out of the bottom three and Tony Pulis will be hell-bent on keeping up the winning mentality after they overcame Stoke last weekend. Hull are no pushovers but I just think Palace will want this one more.

1-0 Aston Villa vs. West Brom (Wednesday 7:45pm)

This Midlands derby is full of intrigue, as while Villa cannot win for toffee at home, West Brom are a shadow of the side that was lighting up the Premier League last season. Given their recent woes, both sides would probably take a point.

1-1 Chelsea vs. West Ham (Wednesday 7:45pm)

The gulf in class between these sides is immense, and it is hard to look past the Blues, who are ruthlessly efficient under Jose Mourinho. Both these sides are arguably better defensively than in attack, however, so don’t expect a goal fest.

2-0 Sunderland vs. Stoke (Wednesday 7:45pm)

The Potters have an abysmal away record and without question the Black Cats have more to play for. Win here and they would skyrocket up the table. With Adam Johnson bang in form, I expect Mark Hughes’ side to leave empty-handed. 2-1