Cookie Clicker is the highly addictive game with the goal of producing an infinite number of cookies! Yup – it’s a game that never ends as much as it never lets you go.

To make a cookie is simple. Just click the giant cookie on the screen.

Cookies are the currency of the game. With enough cookies you can buy a grandma to bake cookies for you. Sell a grandma, oh you horrible person! and unlock an achievement for doing the wrong thing!

With a lot more cookies you can buy even more powerful cookie producing devices that further accelerate your cookie producing power including a time machine that will go back in time to retrieve all the cookies in the past.

Unfortunately I fell victim to this game some months ago and it was getting to the point where I would leave CookieClicker on my laptop all night (turning off the hibernation settings) and sporadically emerging from slumber to buy upgrades.

If you don’t cherish your sanity enough to even think of playing this game, below are a list of remedies to CookieClickerAddiction:

1. Suicide

“Kill me. If you’ve ever been my friend, kill me.”

• James Dashner, The Death Cure.
  1. Find another addictive game/music/hobby out there!

2. Hack the game. This is what I did. I followed instructions on a Youtube video that gave me pretty much enough cookies to unlock all the current achievements – although more achievements are added as its makers. Surprisingly CookieClicker clocked on to the hack and gave me the “bad cookie” award.

The dark game, this absolutely dastardly invention of a clearly insane mind, can be found on the link http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/ which you obviously are not going to play anyway, coz you have a life an all right?