Mike Follett, a MBA student at the Business School has been awarded the first place award for an advertising competition, ADMAP prize 2013 for his essay. The essay was entitled “Thinking in 3D”. Mike will receive the Gold award and a cheque for $5,000 at the ADMAP Prize celebration event on June 19th at the Cannes Lions International Festival.

ADMAP is a magazine that is released monthly, it is written by expert practitioners on advertising and communications innovations. Contestants for the ADMAP prize were required to write an essay answering “Can brands maximise profits and be a force for social good?”

The essay will be published in the ADMAP June issue. The essay concluded with: “Business could be more profitable and a force for social good if they combined their objectives together rather than focus on just making profit.”

Follett, who worked in advertising for ten years before coming to do an MBA at Imperial, said: “If I had just carried on working as I was before, I would’ve given a very different answer than I gave after business bchool.” He went on to say: “Business school sort of fills in the gap of whatever expertise you have built up in your career. It also gives you a chance to take a look at what you already know and how you view the world.”