The results for the Big Elections 2013 were announced at the end of last term. The turnout was the second highest that Imperial College Union has ever received.

David Goldsmith, this year’s RAG Chair, will be Union President, after being elected with 2395 votes in the 4th Round. Yasmin Edwards will be the Deputy President (Clubs & Societies) after being elected in the third round with 1897 votes. Deputy President (Welfare) will be Marissa Lewis, who was elected in the 4th Round with 1806 votes. Deputy President (Education) will be Jonathan London, who received 3384 votes, and the Deputy President (Finance & Services) will be Kieron Creagh, who was elected with 2914 votes. The closest race by far was for Felix Editor. In the first round of voting, Joe Letts received 1793 votes and Will Prince received 1780 votes. When the votes were transfered from other candidates Joe Letts eventually won with 1848 votes to Will Prince’s 1822. This meant that Joe Letts was elected as next year’s Felix Editor. Will Prince was banned from campaigning and told to take all material used for the campaigning down for a period towards the end of elections. This was because of an email sent to thousands of students reminding them to vote and signed off as his campaign team. Will Prince maintains that he did not want the email to be sent.

There were also many other positions, such as the Student Trustees, who sit on the Trustee Board. This year’s Council Chair Michael Foster was elected to one of the positions. The other went to Bukki Adedapo.

The ISCMSU President was between Steve Tran and Dariush Hassanzadeh-Baboli. In the first round Steve Tran was elected with 698 votes. The other Constituent Union Presidents were also elected. Lejon Chau is next year’s CGCU President and Plabon Saha is next year’s RCSU President.