These divine cupcakes are perfect for the occasion, whether you are celebrating or not! And guess what? You can make them yourself. They are extremely easy and taste just as good as they look. You will definitely impress…

Ingredients:

(Makes 12)

Recipe taken and slightly modified from the book Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.

For the cupcakes:

1 cup almond milk

1 teaspoon vinegar

34 cup sugar

13 cup oil

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup flour

13 cup cocoa

34 teaspoon soda

12 teaspoon baking powder

14 teaspoon salt

14 cup strawberry marmalade

For the chocolate mousse:

350 grams dark chocolate

1 packet silken tofu

2 tablespoons maple syrup

14 cup almond milk

For decorating:

5 strawberries

14 cup blueberries

Procedure:

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Place cupcake cases in a cupcake tin.

In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix the milk with the vinegar and set aside for ten minutes so that it curdles. Then, add the rest of the liquid ingredients to the milk and vinegar mixture and mix. After that, add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until the flour is dissolved. Be careful no to over mix otherwise the cupcakes will not be fluffy.

Pour themixture in the cupcake cases so that they are 23 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out dry.

Leave the cupcakes to cool for 1 hour. Once they are cool spread marmalade on top, creating a circle leaving 1cm from the edges. Place the cupcakes in the fridge.

To make the mousse, place the tofu, milk and maple syrup in a blender. Blend until it is completely smooth. You might need to use a spatula to stir and make sure that it is completely smooth. Make a double boiler by putting water in a large pot and then placing a small pot on top so that the water covers 12 the height of the small pot. Bring to boil, turn the heat off and put the chocolate cut in small pieces in the small pot. Stir until it has completely melted. Leave the melted chocolate to cool for 5 minutes and then add it to the blender. Again, blend until everything is completely combined. Put the mousse in the fridge for 1 hour.

Using a piping bag decorate the cupcakes with the mousse and place a slice of fresh strawberry and some blueberries on top. Enjoy!