Think vegetarian food is boring? Think again! VegSoc, Imperial’s Vegetarian Society was created five years ago to celebrate how amazing and diverse vegetarian cooking can be. We have regular events and always aim to do something unique, exciting and internationally inspired from hands-on vegan sushi rolling to American vegan pumpkin pie night.

This tradition of experiencing the diversity of vegetarian cuisine has continued throughout the past term, which began with a free trip to a local vegetarian Indian restaurant, SAGAR, where members enjoyed a selection of their favourite Indian snacks and meals. This was followed by vegan Mexican night which involved a choice of Mexican delights from fajitas and tacos to corn bread. Monday lunch time saw the third event of the term which took the form of a vegan buffet lunch with a selection of homemade pasta salads, tasty sandwiches, choc chip sponge loaf, juices and more. The event was attended by many of our members and their guests who enjoyed a chance to have a free, healthy lunch.

Where have I been all year? Have I missed out? I hear you call, well, the answer is no, you haven’t missed all the VegFun, we still have more events to come over the next few months. Our next event will involve going off campus to 222, a well-known veggie restaurant on North End Road, Fulham. 222 offers a relaxed atmosphere and serves a variety of freshly-prepared delicious dishes from all over the world-from stroganoff to risotto, all with the promise that all dishes are low-fat, low-salt, non-GM and never deep-fried or micro-waved. The event will take place on Tuesday the 26th of February and we will meet at the restaurant at 6.45pm (a quick Google search will tell you where it is) -–a group of us will be setting off from outside the Union at 6pm, if you don’t fancy arriving alone. The restaurant is reasonably priced and this trip, unlike our other meetings which are be free, cannot be subsidised by the society due to low membership.

The final event of the term will be vegan cupcake icing, the event will be free for members (so please join up asap). There, each member will have a selection of vegan chocolate, vanilla and carrot cupcakes as well as a selection of toppings (some Easter themed) and icings to assemble you own creation.

During the summer term we will still be here to disrupt your revision time with a scrumptious veggie buffet picnic as well as another outing, the location of which is yet to be confirmed. If free all-you-can-eat food sounds like your thing then join us today by visiting the Union website and buy membership! You don’t have to be veggie, you just have to enjoy the food.

For more info please email us at:

[email protected].