When you see me, you would probably guess that I like eating. And you couldn’t be more right! I was lucky enough that my food was cooked for me for most of my life. So when I was finally let loose in the kitchen, I have been going bonkers. Here is some of my favourite recipes that I have made.

Blueberry flapjack

Revising hard and need a snack? Need something to go with your tea and getting bored of Hobnobs and (chocolate) Digestives? Here is a yummy and healthier alternative - and it’s super easy to make!

Ingredients:

300g Porridge Oats

150g Fresh Blueberries

200g Golden Syrup

170g Butter

4 tablespoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

Procedure:

1. Preheat oven to 180degrees.

2. Melt butter, sugar, syrup and cinnamon in a saucepan.

3. Boil for a minute then remove from heat.

4. Fold in oats until fully combined

5. Scatter blueberriesinto mix and stir well.

6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Lick the pan if you wish to.

7. Leave it to cool intin before cutting, otherwise it will just break! But do it before completing cool.

Scientific bonus – Oats will zap any fatigue and blueberries can slow down memory loss! Yummy and it might actually help you get a better mark in exams!

Have it with a cup of tea.

These flapjacks can be enough to give you energy for the whole day, so forget about lunch! What’s for dinner?

Spaghetti Bolognese

Spag Bol is a typical student food. For me, this food is always exciting, you just can’t get bored of it. This was inspired by a burger recipe, but I just make it in ball shapes.

Meatballs

500g ofmince beef

1 red onion

Bits of chilli powder or actual chilli without the seeds.

1 clove of garlic(crushed/finely chopped)

Some coriander

1 tin of Choppedtomatoes

1) Put the beef in a pan (saves washing up!) and press it down so that it is across the pan.

2) Put the chopped onion, chilli, garlic and coriander in.

3) Mix it up with your hand. Perfect if you have had a stressful day….

4) Make it into balls. Don’t worry if you have too many onions, you can use it for the sauce! 5) Fry the leftover onions ina pan. Brown those meatballs!

6) Add chopped tomatoes, lowheat to simmer!

7)Add anything else you want! Itend to add a bit of chopped herbs (that comes in a bottle) and frozen vegetables (which is amazing, because no chopping and washing )

Serve with pasta that happens to be in your cupboard. Or if you feel like a bit of fusion, this also makes perfect sauce for rice!

And that’s it! Give it a go and share it with your mates!