Meet Professor Lord Robert Winston. Attend a grand final in a prestigious location. Win a slice of a prize pot of over £4000. These chances have one factor in common: this year’s RCSU Science Challenge. It’s big and it’s back, launching on December 3 in SAF. You should come to the launch event and accept the challenge offered to you. Here’s why. The Science Challenge is the RCSU’s annual competition. It’s the perfect opportunity for you to communicate science in an engaging, concise and fun manner. Four high profile judges will set three essay questions and a task for a video category. Every year the selected judges give up their time to talk at the launch and grand final events, and chose the overall winners. They are leaders in their fields: academia, science, journalism, business. Last year the Director of Grantham Institute for Climate Change, Professor Sir Brian Hoskins, judged one question. The year before Wellcome Trust Head of Communications and former Science Editor of the Times Mark Henderson was involved. Lord Winston is the leading judge. He should be a familiar face from British television. You might have seen him on campus since he’s Emeritus Professor of Fertility Studies here at Imperial, but having been here for three years and only seen the back of his suit once I don’t think it likely. At the launch you’ll definitely get to see his face and hear his voice, live. You could get a photograph of yourself with him at the grand final next year. The Science Challenge is generously sponsored. Previous winners have received tours of CERN in Switzerland and big cash prizes. In 2014 it could be you walking away with such treats because all Imperial students can enter the competition, regardless of faculty. Even if you hate the RCSU how could you pass up the opportunity to win potentially thousands of pounds? I’m going to guess no one hates the RCSU that much. Not even CGCU students. Keep an eye out for more Science Challenge details in Felix over the next few Fridays. Look out for our posters around campus, updated weekly. Keep December 3 free in your diary. There will be free food and entertainment at the launch before the questions and prizes are announced. The guest speaker has an exciting history and the talk will be worth hearing. The Science Challenge is coming. Are you ready? Tweet @RCSU with the hashtag #SciChal to keep the mystery alive.