Sony has been releasing top notch consoles for almost 2 decades now, and therefore the PS4 has a lot riding on its shoulders. While the PS3 was a great console, somehow it just wasn’t the best that we expected of Sony. Enter the PS4. Almost 5 years in the making, this console just like the Xbox One has been surrounded by quite a lot of hype. However in stark contrast to Microsofts E3 announcement, Sony thrived during their announcement and were said to have “won” at that convention. Furthermore Sony has used all the negative publicity that their rival incurred to further their own cause. Quite an amusing “advert” as well as gleeful jibes by Sony executives has seen Sony’s stock rise, and their reputation as the defenders of hard core gaming has been cemented. This has lead to optimism about the potential of the upcoming PlayStation. However this “defence” is not just based on what Xbox has done (or decided not to do), but is also backed up by the stats of the PS4.With quite impressive graphics as well as very respectable RAM, this console should play games very nicely. Furthermore the price is very attractive. Significantly cheaper than the Xbox One (and in fact even the PS3), this product has gotten itself in a great position to win this round of console battles. Furthermore, while the Xbox One could only run COD: Ghosts at 720p, the PS4 has the got the full 1080p. This is really good news for Sony, as gamers value graphics as one of the top things of their gaming experience And yet for all the promised technologies and low price, the lack of a knockout console exclusive is a bit worrying. With the delay of Watchdogs by Activision, there is no real great game there that many people say they need to have on a console. While you are willing to save £80 on the console, and can get most of the games that the Xbox etc., is that enough to compensate for watching in envy when your friend can boast about his kill streak on halo? So now the question for the Sony console: Should you go for the PlayStation 4? If you are impressed by good graphics, smooth gameplay and free sharing (up to publishers) then I would go for the PS4. The smaller price tag is also another reason to go for the PS4! However in the end the choice is up to you, are you more gamer, less flexible but with more power and technology or do you wan to habe a bit of everything? It’s your choice afterall.