Last Saturday saw the return of Felix Music Night for their final party of the year and boy, was it a party. Things were kicked off with an uplifting jazz & bass set from Phrij. Accompanying his selection, Gabor Kerekes shone the hypnotic motion of oils, colours and washing up liquid swirling through each other through an old-school over-head projector.

This was followed by wonderful jazz musicianship of disco funk outfit Spank Alley, the brash and crass noise rock of trio Nipples and the usual glorious insanity of Operation Midnight Climax.

With the line-up thus far reading like a night at a rather sordid bar, the first representatives from the label headliners, XVI Records, stepped up. Evermean, DJ and MC, tore the place up playing the best in London’s recent bass and garage music surge. Running a bit behind schedule, the headline act for the night stepped up, flown in from Luxembourg for one night only: Sunglitters. He took things down a notch with his beautiful, blissed-out and soulful electronica, weaving r&b samples through dizzying electronics. However the crowd began to itch for something to make them bounce and with that, up stepped My Panda Shall Fly who proceeded to play a rip-roaring garage set, even including a little Craig David.

The night was a huge amount of fun, with most people leaving more than a little sweaty. The perfect sign-off for the Felix Music Nights this year.