The Imperial Immortals opened their first home game of the season with a heavy win against the Anglia Ruskin Rhinos, a newly formed team in the South Eastern Conference, following an away win against the Kings Regents last week (10-6). A dominant display by the defence during both matches was key to the victories with ARU scoring no points against the Imperial defence; they only scored off an intercepted pass thrown on an Imperial offense drive.

The match opened with Yuh Ocada scoring a touchdown having started the match at running back and running impressively.

Having tripped over his size 15 feet, Ron Werlsterherlm carried the offense’s momentum at the next drive to stumble into a catch to score a second touchdown for the Immortals and secure a two touchdown lead.

This lead was quickly cut at the next offensive drive to 8 points as an ill timed pass was picked off by the ARU defense to be runin for a touchdown, their first of the season. The extra point attempt was charged down, however sadly our illustrious captain, Dexter Morgan, celebrated his return safety with some swagger far too early and ended up getting laid out to the embarrassment of himself and the entire team.

Fortunately Kevin ‘theMan(e)’ Kim redeemed us with a late touchdown just before the end of the second quarter following some poor defence and some lightning pace which was reminiscent of our MVP running back last season, Sungho II.

IC picked up where they left off after the break with Bob Wartzhem picking up a lovely pass from Yanaux to run in another touchdown, pulling out a substantial Imperial lead. The Immortals did not let up however as Emanuel trucked his way to a touchdown in the corner with Jordan McDouglas waddling in vain across the pitch to try to get a piece of the action.

The final score of the game went to Imperial, when the offensive line proved they had better hands than the wide receivers as the ball wascaught but fumbled by an Imperial slot back, only to be picked up by Frederico Sanchez for the first (and likely only) score by an offensive lineman this season.

Next week the Immortals face the reigning national champions, the Hertfordshire Hurricanes, at home in what promises to be a bruising encounter against a team who have put up a massive 114 points in their first two games of the season. All supporters are welcome at what promises to be a hard fought and exciting encounter