Yes, the food at SAF restaurant is green, and by green I mean good to the environment. Most of the dishes are raw, which means that they are prepared at temperatures below 48°C. You would never believe that raw food can be so exciting! We had a two course meal which included starter and main course.

This is the first starter, called Dolmades with Tzazyki.

Very nice presentation but I was not impressed with the taste. Very different from the traditional Dolmades, which are stuffed with rice and vegetables. Instead, these are filled with cauliflower rice, pine nuts, cumin, lemon juice, and dill. They were served with a vegan yoghurt and cucumber dip. What I did not like was the cumin, as I believe it overpowered the other great, fresh ingredients.

The second starter is the Pesto au Poivre. Now this was amazing! On the left is the cashew cheese with the layer of the basil pesto, in the centre is the

rocket salad and on the right some raw flaxseed crackers. I cannot describe how delicious the cashew cheese was. Its creamy texture and the pink peppercorn crust on top went so well together.

And the main! This was a real monster. I had the SAF Pad Thai and I am very glad I chose it. The first thing that made me very excited was the enoki mushrooms on the side of the plate because they really are expensive and I haven’t had the chance to try them before. I was not disappointed. That huge mountain is made from Julienne strips of carrot, mangetout and courgette. It also has mung beans and spicy cashews, which added a great crunchy texture. The chillies and the lime on the side was a nice touch, ensuring that both the people who like citrus flavours or spicy food will enjoy this dish to the maximum. And I should not forget the Nori sheet, which made me believe I was eating fish.